EPF subscribers need to file an e-nomination to avail Rs 7 Lakh benefitSeptember 2, 2021
The Center has launched the Employees ‘Deposit-Linked Insurance Scheme to provide socio-financial security to the families of Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) subscribers. In case of death of subscribers under EDLI scheme, the nominee will get a maximum of Rs. 7 lakhs. EPF subscribers need to file an e-nomination to avail this benefit.
No need to go to any office for e-nomination. EPFO offers the opportunity to nominate online. If you have not yet filed an e-nomination, you can do so as mentioned below.
- Click on the EPFO Official Link. (https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/)
- Login with ‘UAN, Password’.
- You will get a pop up if you have not e-nominated yet. Now click on it.
- If not, click on the Manage option and select e-Nomination.
- Then click Yes to update the ‘Family Declaration’.
- Now more than one family member can submit Aadhaar, name, date of birth, gender, photo, address, bank account details.
- Click on ‘Nomination Details’ to enter the share amount. Then click on ‘Save EPF Nomination’.
Click on ‘Sign in’ to generate OTP. Submit the OTP to the mobile number linked to Aadhaar.
Now the e-nomination will be registered in the EPFO.